Pigmentation and Tattoo Removal Laser
Q yag 5 laser (By Palomar)
various pigmentory disorders are seen due to deposit of melanin pigments or tattoo particles at various depths of skin. To remove them, these particles need to be broken and washed away by blood vessels.
Q-Switched Laser (Q yag 5)
The palomar Q yag 5 laser has 1064 and 532 frequencies to treat skin dermal and epidermal condition. Q yag 5 laser is not only one of the the safest cosmetic lasers to use on all skin types and skin colors, but also contains mechanism to mix both frequencies together to treat variable depths in same go. In this manner, it is the only of its kind in world. It can be used for tattoo removal, brown blemishes, freckles, pigmented moles, Nevus of Ota, and Nevus of Ito.
What is Q switching?
Q-Switching creates a pulsed laser beam of higher energy within shortest possioble time thus leading to photo accoustic phenomenon. This higher energy ‘breaks’ the small particles comprising the tattoo or skin lesion.
Body"s immune system can then remove these small particles.
These wavelengths and their mixture adds flexibility to treating various pigmentory disorders and tattoos.
- Immediately after the treatment, apply moisturizing cream.
- If burning occurs, apply ice cold compresses at home.
- Do not scrub or rub the treated area while washing face.
- Restrict activities like sauna bath, swimming, exercising, and outdoor activities for couple of weeks.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and apply sun screens before going out.
- You should use a moisturizing cream until the area is healed.
What problems can be treated by Q switch lasers?
Melanosis, birth marks ( Naevus of Ota, Becker"s Naevus), tattoos, moles and freckles are treated by this laser.
How many sittigs are required?
Freckles usually require 1-2 sittings while tattoo and Naevus of Ota may require 6 or more.
The interval between two sittings vary from 4-8 weeks, depending upon physician choice.